18 April 2013

Decorating for a Very Special Event! (Part 1 of 2) Sorry.

I've had a difficult time deciding whether or not to write this blog entry. You see, last week, my church celebrated 30 newly baptized Christians. What a Glorious thing!! I want to sing "Hallelujah!!" Actually, I want to hear Hallelujah ( My singing voice is not the best, but I do it anyway.) I was Blessed to be part of the Decor Team for this event, it was the first one of it's kind for my church.



We have had many Baptisms, but we are a fairly new church (just celebrated 15 years!!) and we are  "working" things out everyday to make the experience even greater for His Glory. I am behind that 100%!!  I was very happy to be able to a part of this event and my difficulty was whether or not this should be private to our church, and the newly baptized  or should I share it?! So on that note I've decided to share 'my side' of the experience and then leave my church and the people baptized there, their privacy, as this is such humongously private, important time for them.




I decided, after some prayer time, it was more important to share this event with you to Glorify God and the Good that He does everyday! I did get to decorate and make beautiful things and put together a beautiful room, along with my other church members, for this event and the photos, I think are beautiful and worth sharing. Not to mention, that, as usual, we made an Elegant event on a Shoestring Budget! You know how much I love that!! So, one of my favorite things I got to do for this event was buy 4 dozen beautiful roses!!! Heaven!! Or at least I believe their will be alot of them there!


These were bought 2 nights before the event and this is a shot of them in a bucket of cold water in my bath tub, Believe it or not. Unfortunately, my bathroom is the coldest room in this old house.  I still cannot get over how beautiful these were, want a couple more pictures? I sure took alot!! 4 Dozen gorgeous roses for $40!! Can you believe it? I can do so much with this many.

(These ones that look kinda yellow were green on the edges, hard to see in the photos, but quite striking and were called "Mint")

Yes, Like I said in the tub!




We also made these beautiful little bouquets of Baby's Breath for place card holders and a memento for the day! Aren't they adorable?! Each one was about 4-5 inches in height and they were laid on the napkins in the center of the place setting with each recipients name attached!! So fun!      
Now to arrange the roses? Mason Jars!!! You absolutely have to love the versatility of Mason Jars.. We ( our decor team) had decided that for this event we should stick to light, clean, bright. New! Rebirth! And our Pastor asked that water be present, in some way.  Don't you love it when someone says include "this" or 'that" with no other direction? Well, we love him so much, we let it go this time. Answer....24 Mason Jars Decorated with Lace and ribbon, satin, etc... 12 for floral arrangements  12 larger ones for water! Well, to be more specific, FLOATING candles!! A-ha!


12 down! 12 to go!


Now for the flowers!!


(First 6 done..Wheww!!!)

I just realized that this definitely a two-part post.  Laughing at myself, friends!  I apologize.  If you'll be patient with me, yet once more,  I'll post the rest tomorrow,  I promise and show you all the end results of this work!!! It's definitely worthy of two posts. I hope you're enjoying this as much as I did doing it!! 

Many Blessings~


PhotobucketRooted In Thyme
Thursday Favorite ThingsThe Shabby Nest

10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! How I could enjoy some fresh flowers. We're getting a snow storm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that!!! But thank you for popping over to share the Flowers!!
      Blessings,
      ~Theresa

      Delete
  2. Love your mason jar post- so pretty!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I can't wait for the second post. I'd love to have you share this at What to do Weekends Party. Following also. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/04/what-to-do-weekends-16.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments, Linda!!
      Blessings,
      ~Theresa

      Delete
  4. Oh my, what a blessing to have such a big group of folks get baptized! The floral arrangements are just gorgeous. The roses and baby's breath in each mason jar make such a pretty statement. I'm so happy you have shared this with us at my HOME, Theresa. Have a lovely weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sandi! Yes this was such Blessing!! Thank you so much for your always positive feedback ;) I was so happy to share this one with you, I knew you would definitely get it!! Have a wonderful week!
      Blessings to you, my friend!
      ~Theresa

      Delete
  5. I love roses. Growing, making arrangements...Yours turned out lovely. Thanks for sharing @ Inspiration Spotlight @ DearCreatives.com Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful.Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I love, love your comments and I do read every single one. They totally make my day. If you have a specific question, make sure I can answer you back by adding your email to your google/blog account! Thanks so much for the visit.