30 March 2015

My Elegant Little Eggs ~ How to Chalkpaint Plastic Eggs

 Easter will be quickly on us, and to be honest, I'm not a big decorator for this special Holy Day. 
When we had little ones around we would do quite a bit more decorating but as an adult, and a child of God, I really cherish this time with my church and family, being mindful and grateful of what Christ did for us all and celebrate my Salvation, because of it.  He Is Reason, Indeed! Truly, that is the most important thing of all.

 I did, however, have time in the past couple of weeks to fiddle around with something I'm really enjoying.  I have been seeing Easter eggs all over the internet, as I am sure you have made of every possible material and decoration. They truly are extraordinary.  
The one thing I hadn't seen, was any chalk-painted eggs! And, as you may know, I love my chalk paint! Especially, when I can tint it easily for pastels! I also truly wanted to make a frugal option. So, I bought these dollar store plastic eggs to start with!  8 of them for $1.


I used some krazy glue to keep them closed and sanded the little bit of overlapping plastic at the seal.  I can tell you now, from personal experience, plastic did not love chalkpaint!  At least not with the first coat. Never deterred, I found that if you stipple it on for a coat or two by your third you can paint it on just as easily as painting a wall. 
Then I tinted 3 different spoonfuls of my paint and out the final coat on. I  even lightly sanded them. When I had the color and finish I liked, I put a clear sealer on them and started to decorate.
A little bling and bejeweling, thanks to the dollar store and my local crafts store, there were plenty of options to either glue gun on or just peel and stick! 
(Paired here, with some beautiful roses and they make a perfectly seasonal centerpiece)
One of the most difficult tasks for me, as a writer/photographer, is picking out exactly which image will go first, or that you will like the most, or truly represent how the project actually turn out.  It's always a dilemma for me. I tend to like a lot of them, but they don't always read, as well as on the computer screen or printed page as they looked in just photograph form.   As you can see, too, depending on the lighting and surroundings, they can look entirely different. Hopefully, I've shown you enough for a true representation.
 I, truly pray that you all have a very Blessed Easter with your family and friends. I hope you've enjoyed my little "Elegant Eggs" They were great fun to make and I'm sure I'll enjoy them for a long time to come! Who wouldn't love an egg with pearls or diamonds?!

In all seriousness, as I write this, it is the last week of March and Easter will be within just a few short weeks. It is such a wonderful time to be grateful for all that we have been given, freely from Our Father, and not take one second of it for granted.
~Theresa

Jesus said to her,  “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die..." 
-John 11:25-26 (ESV)




I'm sharing this post with:

Amaze Me Monday   Nifty Thrifty Sunday's  It's Overflowing    Treasure Box Tuesday   By Stephanie Lynn   Create With Joy   Life On Lakeshore Drive    Yesterfood    Kathe with An E A Stroll Thru Life     Cedar Hill Farmhouse    The DIY Dreamer Imparting Grace    Posed Perfection Between Naps On the Porch   Katherines Corner  Shabby Art Boutique   My Romantic Home   French Country Cottage     The Charm of Home    Fridays Unfolded   The Road to Domestication
Rooted In Thyme     How Sweet the Sound's Pink Saturday
Pieced Pastimes



This post was Featured by some wonderful blogs and amazing ladies:


   Rooted In Thyme

34 comments:

  1. Simply Elegant Theresa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! Very creative! Wishing you a HAPPY EASTER, full of blessings and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Theresa about all HE has done for us...........don't know where I would be without HIM, no where good, I do
    know that!! Your eggs were beautiful, and hope you have a Wonderful Easter Celebration,
    Pretty Soon, HE will be Risen..........HE will be risen indeed.............
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nellie. Happy Easter to you, as well.

      Delete
  4. These look beautiful, Theresa! Definitely elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really beautiful, Theresa! Great work! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful Easter!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ana! I'm so glad you like them. Hugs and Love back from Northern California!
      Theresa

      Delete
  6. Your eggs are so beautiful! I love the colors and all the details like the lace and pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every year I decorate eggs for Easter. I am going to try your inspiration, thanks! Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, KayC, so excited to hear that! Please come back and tell me how they turned out! :)
      Happy Easter to you, as well!
      Theresa

      Delete
  8. They are so lovely. I had to pin it. Thanks for posting this, and your pictures are wonderful. Have a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:19 AM

    So pretty!! Thanks for the Inspiration! Smiles.Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea and they look fantastic. I love your creativity! It was great to see you at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful. Happy Easter my friend. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katherine!! I'll be watching. Thank you! Happy Easter to you, too, my friend! xoxo
      Blessings to you,
      Theresa

      Delete
  12. Hey Theresa! I just wanted to let you know that you are one of my nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award that was recently passed on to me! http://ashandcrafts.com/very-inspiring-blogger-award/. I LOVE your creativity and your blog. I would also like to say again that I love these eggs so much! They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely! love the elegant little details! Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christina! So kind of you to leave me a comment and to Pin!
      Happy Easter!

      Delete
  14. pastel eggs are my favourite...HPS Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe these were plastic eggs. Great idea. Excellent execution. I can tell you right now, mine would not look this great! HPS! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Theresa,thank you for the beauty.
    With love from Russia/

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous, even classier than Faberge eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never would have guessed that these were plastic eggs, they're gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Theresa - Just stopping by again to let you know I am featuring you on my Tuesday Favorite Things Round Up. Hope to see you again at the Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Theresa,
    Wow, I love your eggs. So elegant. Pinned and shared. Thanks for sharing them at TFT. You are so creative. I have tons of plastic eggs that I need to make pretty.
    Thanks for the tutorial.
    Have a blessed Easter.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Beverly! They were so fun! I'm glad you liked them. Thanks so much for the comment. Happy Easter!

      Delete

I love, love your comments and I do read every single one. They totally make my day. If you have a specific question, make sure I can answer you back by adding your email to your google/blog account! Thanks so much for the visit.