Pages

Monday, March 30

My Elegant Little Eggs ~ You Won't Believe What these Were!

Good Afternoon to you all! Thanks for visiting with me today. I'm so glad you are here!  Well, Easter will be quickly on us, and truthfully I'm not a big decorator for this Special Holy Day.  I really love to spend time at church and with my family and be mindful and grateful of what Christ did for us all and celebrate my Salvation, because of it. That being the most important thing of all.

 I did, however, have time in the past couple of weeks to fiddle around with something I'm really enjoying.  I have been seeing eggs all over the web and blog world, as I am sure you have. Very beautiful, creative versions of how to decorate an egg of any kind.
The one thing I hadn't seen: was any chalk painted eggs! and, as we know, I love my chalk paint! Especially, when I can tint it easily for pastels! But, I really wanted it to also be frugal. So, I bought these dollar store plastic eggs to start with!  8 of them for $1.


I used some Crazy Glue to keep them closed and sanded the little bit of overlapping plastic at the seal.  Let me tell you Plastic did not love Chalk paint with the first coat, but if you stipple it on for a coat or two by your 3rd you can paint it on just like anything else. 
Then I tinted 3 different spoonfuls of my paint and out the final coat on. Yes, I did even lightly sand them. then I put a clear sealer on them and started to decorate, bling and bejewel them!
(Paired here, with some beautiful roses and they make a perfectly seasonal centerpiece)
One of the most difficult tasks for me, as a blogger, is picking out which exact image will go first, which will you like the most, which will look good in a party or copied to Pinterest. It's always a dilemma for me. I tend to like alot of them, but they don't always read, as well as, they looked in just photograph form.   As you can see, too, depending on the lighting and surroundings, they can look entirely different.
Anyway, I pray you all have a very Blessed Easter with your Family and Friends and Enjoyed my little Eggs! They were great fun to make and I'm sure I'll enjoy them for a long time to come! I mean, seriously, who doesn't love an egg with pearls or diamonds?!!

I all seriousness, tomorrow is the last day of March and Easter will be within the week. I, do, truly pray that this time of year is such a humungous Blessing to you all. It is such an incredible time to be grateful for all that we have been given, freely, and not take one second of it for granted.
~Theresa

~Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;  and whoever lives by believing in me will never die...."-John 11:25-26




I'm sharing this post with:
Amaze Me Monday   Nifty Thrifty Sunday's  It's Overflowing    Treasure Box Tuesday   By Stephanie Lynn   Create With Joy   Life On Lakeshore Drive    Yesterfood    Kathe with An E A Stroll Thru Life     Cedar Hill Farmhouse    The DIY Dreamer Imparting Grace    Posed Perfection Between Naps On the Porch   Katherines Corner  Shabby Art Boutique   My Romantic Home   French Country Cottage     The Charm of Home    Fridays Unfolded   The Road to Domestication
Rooted In Thyme     How Sweet the Sound's Pink Saturday
Pieced Pastimes



This post was Featured by some wonderful blogs and amazing ladies:

   Rooted In Thyme

33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, dear Jonell. ;)

      Delete
  2. Those are beautiful! Very creative! Wishing you a HAPPY EASTER, full of blessings and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather. You, too, sweet lady! ;)

      Delete
  3. Amen Theresa about all HE has done for us...........don't know where I would be without HIM, no where good, I do
    know that!! Your eggs were beautiful, and hope you have a Wonderful Easter Celebration,
    Pretty Soon, HE will be Risen..........HE will be risen indeed.............
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nellie. Happy Easter to you, as well.

      Delete
  4. These look beautiful, Theresa! Definitely elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really beautiful, Theresa! Great work! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful Easter!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ana! I'm so glad you like them. Hugs and Love back from Northern California!
      Theresa

      Delete
  6. Your eggs are so beautiful! I love the colors and all the details like the lace and pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every year I decorate eggs for Easter. I am going to try your inspiration, thanks! Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, KayC, so excited to hear that! Please come back and tell me how they turned out! :)
      Happy Easter to you, as well!
      Theresa

      Delete
  8. They are so lovely. I had to pin it. Thanks for posting this, and your pictures are wonderful. Have a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! Thanks for the Inspiration! Smiles.Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea and they look fantastic. I love your creativity! It was great to see you at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful. Happy Easter my friend. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katherine!! I'll be watching. Thank you! Happy Easter to you, too, my friend! xoxo
      Blessings to you,
      Theresa

      Delete
  12. Hey Theresa! I just wanted to let you know that you are one of my nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award that was recently passed on to me! http://ashandcrafts.com/very-inspiring-blogger-award/. I LOVE your creativity and your blog. I would also like to say again that I love these eggs so much! They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely! love the elegant little details! Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christina! So kind of you to leave me a comment and to Pin!
      Happy Easter!

      Delete
  14. pastel eggs are my favourite...HPS Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe these were plastic eggs. Great idea. Excellent execution. I can tell you right now, mine would not look this great! HPS! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Theresa,thank you for the beauty.
    With love from Russia/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Love from Russia :)

      Delete
  17. These are gorgeous, even classier than Faberge eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never would have guessed that these were plastic eggs, they're gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Theresa - Just stopping by again to let you know I am featuring you on my Tuesday Favorite Things Round Up. Hope to see you again at the Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love your comments and I do read every single one. They totally make my day. If you have a specific question, make sure I can answer you back by adding your email to your google/blog account! Thanks so much for the visit.